My favorite (and affordable) homemade facial toner:
- Aloe Vera juice [your preference – can find in Wal-Mart or health food store. I usually order mine from iHerb for quality and price (link at bottom of page) but have used the aloe juice from Wal-Mart/Walgreens]
- Witch Hazel (from Wal-Mart)
- Orange Essential Oil
- Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Frankincense Essential Oil [Can be pricey unless you order online. I order the NOW brand essential oils from iHerb. But you might prefer Young Living or Rocky Mountain Oils]
- Any other essential oils you enjoy (and omit any of the above as you prefer)
- Small spray bottle (preferably glass – I recycled one from another toner)
For a 3.4oz bottle, fill halfway with Witch Hazel. Add 25-40 drops of each oil. It smells lovely until the Tea Tree oil is added; so back off the Tea Tree oil if you’re going for aroma. I have also been told (but haven’t noticed) Orange oil makes the skin more sensitive to the sun; so keep this in mind. Also, for sensitive skin, use less oil. Fill the rest with Aloe Vera juice. Leave room in the bottle to shake/mix (which you’ll need to do before each application).
Tighten spray lid, shake, spray and enjoy!