Living High Minded

There are times in life when what we see is blurred.  Yet, we know clarity must exist in the spiritual.

When God tells a family to sell their home.

The husband obeys.  Walking by faith.  The home sells quickly and smoothly.

And the husband, wife and two boys move into a hotel.

The family seeks direction from the Lord.

And He responds.

Live high minded.

Set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth. (Colossians 3:2)

kite by yonsterz via flickr

So, here I sit in my hotel room.

Watching my boys fish from the lake behind our new home at LaQuinta Inns and Suites.

Waiting.

Praying.

Learning to live high minded.

This entry was posted in Faith and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Living High Minded

1. April L Lyon says:

Wow, really good word! Thank you for sharing!

Living high minded…I love that.

Also, Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. (Isaiah 40:31)

3. dschondog says:

Kinda like watching your husband and sons build an ark in the middle of a desert, huh, Cristal? I love that you said the Lord told THE FAMILY to sell their house. You’re in this together.

Praying for you,
    Dawn

4. Tiffany says:

You know how much I hate change! I know that God has big plans for you! He told me this change is good and not to be so hard on the New Newguidrys! Come back over to the hood sometime an I’ll cook for you all.

I will certainly miss all of you so much! Where will I get eggs in the middle of making my cookies?!?! And, I believe you (especially Currie) will like the Newest Guidrys.

5. God bless you all, in the temporary, and in the everlasting. Be encouraged.

6. Tresta says:

Wow, Cristal. What an awesome place for God to work! You’ve left Him so much room and He always shows up big in those places…excited for you all.

I like your perspective, Tresta — we’ve left Him so much room — because we feel cramped in this small hotel room. Yet, from God’s perspective, there must be room to move!

7. Judy says:

I look forward to reading of your high flying adventure! I too look to the future with very blurry vision and have often recited the Colossians passage for clarity. I guess our eyes work better when looking up:) Bless you and your family Cristal.
    Judy

8. Peter Wiebe says:

May God bless you as you wait for further direction.

9. Caitlin says:

good luck with everything!

10. Wow, Cristal! The phrase that sticks in my mind is “the home sells quickly and smoothly” — wow! How often does that happen? I will pray as the Lord brings you to mind, as I sit in my chaos of packing and cleaning and moving (next week). Just moving to a new place about a mile away… I do like your title, it’s one more emphasis on how hope (and faith) is a key player in attitude. God will show Himself strong to You. He has promised and He must keep His Word! Joyce

Thank you, Joyce. Your comment ministered greatly to me. I am thankful you took the time (in the midst of your own chaos) to share those encouraging words. I hope your move goes smoothly!

11. Pingback: Sharing Sunday: ushering in abundance | Refusing to Tiptoe

12. Pingback: Christmas is wherever we are (a reminder to my husband) | Refusing to Tiptoe